Friday, July 18, 2008

What is your Library School concentration?

People in the library often ask me what my concentration in Library School is and I never really know what to answer. When I started the program, there were a few concentrations available such as digital libraries, school librarian and children's and youth services, but I found some of the courses under the digital library tract (my primary interest)to be ones that I did not wish to take. I have another Master's degree and I took some of those courses, or similar courses previously and I wanted to use the school experience to learn something new. I found out that I did not need to select a concentration and as long as I took the required courses, I could take whatever elective courses I wanted.

We got email today explaining that concentrations would be available in the future--back again, I suppose and I looked at the chart with interest to see based on the courses I have taken and plan to take where I fall in terms of a concentration. And it seems that I fit in most closely with Digital Libraries. I wonder about some of the choices they made, some classes would seem to be a better fit with the concentrations than others but overall with a few exceptions, I seem to fit in the Digital Library track.

No comments: