Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A new e-reader

There was a story in the New York Times earlier this week on a new e-reader called the Readius. It is small and can fit into a pocket but the screen folds out which makes it easy to carry and yet provides about 22 linkes of text. It has wireless capability but does not seem to have a keyboard which I would like because I often take notes when I read. I would really like to be able to bookmark sections and annotate while I read. I have never liked writing in books and now that most of my books come from the library that is not possible anyway. I often take notes in a small paper notebook when I am reading but I have found that if I finish the book and pick up the notebook to see what I found interesting about the book, my notes are hard to follow because it lacks the context of the book.

An e-reader that has a keyboard would allow me to take notes and I like the fact that many of the e-readers can hold several books at a time. Imagine going on vacation with one device and not having to tote 10 books along with you.

No comments: