Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vendor Analysis

I am mid-way through my Library Automation course and have been researching the final project, a vendor/product analysis paper. I have chosen SirsiDynix Symphony. The research is going well and I have started writing the paper.

Symphony is the product that we use in my library and I have a much better understanding of the features, the migration necessary to move from Unicorn to Symphony and a greater understanding of the information that is avaialable to SirsiDynix customers. For example, they produce detailed Release Notes so you can find what has changed or been added in each new release. I have always asked for Release Notes whenever we had a upgrade and none were ever provided to us but now, I can find them myself.

All-in-all a very worthwhile project.

No comments: