Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fall Quarter Registration

I am taking two courses this quarter, a Practicum and Public Library Service. Since I work in a public library and will be using that as my practicum site, I thought that pairing these two courses would work well together.

I always register early on the first day available to me and usually get the courses that I want. However, this morning there was a problem. I registered and got a strange error message but thought that the registration might have gone through, but no luck. I tried several times again with the same result. I sent email to my advisor and she registered me in the class so all is well.

I have looked at the syllabus for Public Library Service and it looks good. I have a lot of questions about funding and administration and it looks like we will address those topics in the class.

This will be the first time that I have taken two courses at a time. I have not been in a hurry to finish and there are plenty of things that I like to do outside of work and school and taking only one class made that possible. However, I am getting closer to finishing and want to accelerate the process. I suspect that I will spend about the same amount of time on school that I do now, but I will just need to allocate that time over two courses rather than focusing so hard on only one.

No comments: