Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Library Automation Class

I am nearing the end of my Library Automation course (a week and a half to go) and we just got a new assignment. We can either use the data on a specific library site to investigate something or we can write about the future of Library Automation.

So far, I am doing both. I spent a lot of time with the data and there is quite a bit that I am not able to access without a login (which we do not have). I had a number of interesting things in mind to test but I cannot access data that addresses it. I came up some things to test but I am not sure whether they are really appropriate for the assignment.

I am working on the Future of Library Automation essay so that has involved reading about technology trends. I have several lists I am working from and once I identify the trends that I think are relevant to libraries, I am gathering more information on them. Yesterday, I researched more about Service-Oriented Architectures and today is my mobility day.

I will only turn one in--just not sure which one I will submit yet.

No comments: